Response to COVID-19
Changes to Worship, Effective Sunday, June 6, 2021 (as of Tuesday, June 1, 2021):
The current health order and mask mandate in the city of Milwaukee expires today, Tuesday, June 1, 2021.
After much discussion, thought, and prayer, the following guidelines and changes for worship are what will be implemented at Grace, starting Sunday, June 6:
Masks will continue to be required for the 7:45 a.m. service.
The 7:45 a.m. service will also continue to be socially distant, with ushers wearing masks and pastors wearing masks during Holy Communion distribution.
Masks will not be required for all other services and activities at Grace Downtown.
Members are encouraged to follow current CDC guidelines for safe gatherings at all worship services and Grace Downtown or Grace Center activities.
Additional changes at Grace:
- Electronic sign-up for worship is no longer necessary.
- Pew signs for socially distant seating will be removed at all services other than at 7:45 a.m.
- Electronic giving will continue to be encouraged, with baskets available in the back of church for in-person offerings.
- All members and guests will be encouraged to use the Connect Cards instead of the Friendship Registers.
- Hymnals and Bibles will return to the pew racks.
- Holy Communion distribution will return to as it was pre-pandemic at the 9 and 10:30 a.m. services.
- The 9 a.m. Grace Downtown service and the 10:30 a.m. Grace in the Ward service will continue to be live streamed through our YouTube channel, where recordings of Sunday morning Bible class will also be uploaded.
Thank you for your patience and understanding over the past year, as your church leadership and staff have continuously navigated a sea of ever-changing guidelines, mandates and protocols. Thank you for abiding by the guidelines set in place, for continually supporting Grace Church with your financial gifts, prayers, and service, and for joining us for worship—whether you choose to do it in person or through online means. How blessed are we that, through modern technology, we are able to join together even when we are apart! Above all, we thank God for the ability to praise and worship from within the privacy of our homes, collectively as a group outdoors, and as brothers and sisters in Christ within the walls of our beautiful church. Praise be to God!
If you have questions about these changes, please contact congregation president, Jeff Hatzung, at email@example.com, or the Grace pastors.
Grace Church Pastors and Leadership